- SolusVM Xen PV Templates
- VMWare VMDK
- Xen Images
- XVA Templates (XCP, XenServer)
- By Distro
- Arch Linux
- Free Downloads
CentOS 5.7 Images and Templates Available For Download
CentOS released version 5.7 yesterday. Minimal and Gnome Desktop templates are available for Xen, KVM, VMWare and SolusVM for both x86 and x86_64 architectures. A minimal XCP template is also available for x86_64 only.
Changelog (changes from 5.6 images)
This is the first 5.7 release. It is based on the earlier 5.6 release with a few package additions and config changes.
- Disable services that are not needed in the default configuration, eg iscsi and rawdevices
- Enable cron and xinetd daemons by default (none of the xinetd managed services are started though)
- Populate /etc/sysconfig/kernel so that newly installed kernels become the default. The previous config retained the current kernel as default.
- For full-virtual systems (eg KVM) the initrd now contains virtio_blk drivers allowing the root device to use virtio emulation